One of the ways we express love to our spouse is through sex.
God created us to give and receive love. Our bodies are designed to experience pleasure, ecstasy, intimacy, and even much more through sexual exploits.
However, we have different things that can inhibit us from enjoying our sexual relationship as desired or designed. Top on the list is mind reading or the assumption that communication is an antidote.
Communicating the hindrances or things that can stimulate sexual intimacy is the right step in the right direction. Conversely, some couples still find it odd to use the s*x word.
Ironically, it is impossible to develop true intimacy without communication! Communication is an essential skill in lovemaking and a huge enhancer of your sexual enjoyment.
The truth is, if you do not know your partner, you cannot experience the true depth of sexual pleasure. Knowledge can also be acquired through the act of communication.
What are the tips that enhance communication about Sex?
- Establish healthy communication styles that will improve your emotional bond. This will ease the challenge of seeing sex as an odd topic of discussion.
- What you don’t know, you can’t share. Take time to discover the things that give you pleasure. What are your expectations, preferences, and things that make you connect sexually? Share your discoveries with your spouse.
- Your spouse knows what triggers them sexually. Let them be free to share these with you without fear of being labeled, criticized, blamed, or put down.
- Build your love vocabulary and create time for romance in your relationship. During this period, draw words from your love vocabulary that will endear your spouse to you. Tell your spouse what you like about him/her.
- Be honest and open to each other. Share your difficulties and together find a solution to them. Enjoying sex is the contribution of the two individuals.
- Sex is also visual, communicate your desirability to your spouse through your dressing. Let the environment infer passion. Indulge in touching even during dialogue.
- Love talk is a good lubricant in lovemaking. Make talking part of your foreplay while paying attention to the non-verbal cues. I.e. what makes your partner moan or groan during sex?
- Communication is a skill that requires practice and feedback. Ask questions on how you are faring sexually, genuinely listen, and keep improving.
Lastly, everyone has a need, a quest, and a desire for sexual fulfillment. You can only know this and be able to actualize it if you talk, listen, and allow each other to give tremendous pleasure. Sex is not what you take in marriage, it is what you give!
Kindly leave a comment on how communication can improve your sex life.